Wednesday, October 3, 2012

HDR Expose 2

My search continues to find a suitable replacement for HDR Photo Pro.  I have likes the results of the software, (see http://tomwinfieldphoto.blogspot.com/2012/09/rio-grande-road-to-taos.html) but there have been crashing problems and lack of updates.  Recently I updated a trial copy I have of HDR Expose 2 by Unified Color

First, must comment about the update.  Just a month or two ago since I downloaded and installed the software.  There was an update which I installed, and it gave me an additional 7 days of trial time.  Since I process much of my photos from camera RAW, updates can be important (new cameras need new RAW processing).

The big problem I had with HDR Expose 2 was getting a good image alignment.  Most of my HDR photos are created from 3 exposures (+2.0, 0.0, -2.0 EV) and HAND HELD.  I do not take a tripod on my bicycle to shoot trail photos.  Many of my shots are also taken while stopping along the road.

HDR Expose has 3 different alignment schemes.  I tried all three with varying results.  All were unacceptable.  At this time, I stopped the test as the software does not fit my needs. Did not try to enhance the color.  Here's the best alignment I was able to get with the hand held photo.

HDR Expose 2 sells for $149.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment