Saturday, February 8, 2014

Canon 60D Problem - Resolution


While shooting at Boot Hill in Dodge City, KS I was changing the settings in the camera.  Beinf moving from inside to bright sun outside, I could not see well what I was doing.  The bottom line was that I might have messed up the camera settings. 

The problem was that my auto focus was not working. I could activate the focus by hitting the "AF-ON" button.  Cleaned the lens connections thinking that might be the problem - no luck.  Exchanged lenses with another camera.  Lenses worked in the older T1i, but could not auto0focus in the 60D.

Finished the day with the Canon Rebel T1i with the Tamron 18-200mm lens.  Back at the room, I researched the problem in the camera manual.  I could not find any solution.  Completed my trip using the T1i.

Today, I was able to get into Omaha to get to Rockbrook Camera (where the camera was purchased).  I was nt sure if my problem was settings locked up or a defective in the camera.  The clerk at the 108th & Center store was able to check out the camera.

Sure enough, I had set in some special functions or at locked up one of the functions.  He showed me how to clear and reset the camera.  I offer the solution with photos should I have a problem again and/or should others have a simular problem.

First - Clear all Custom Functions (see photo)

Then Clear all camera settings (see photo)
This was all it took.  Camera is running properly again.  Had this not resolved the problem, I would have had to send the camera in for repairs.  

Thanks to the clerk at Rockbrook Camera.  My main camera is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment